AT&T Internet Air is a wireless, 5G internet service that can provide reliable speeds with simple, affordable pricing. The service is currently available in limited markets.
What Smart Devices Are Compatible With ADT?
It is very important to have some base knowledge on smart home devices and security systems before diving in to ADT. You need to sign up for a three-year contract when you choose them, so it’s always beneficial to know what you’re getting into. This guide will give a general overview of what types of smart devices are compatible with an ADT security system, as well as go over some of the smart devices offered by ADT.
Table of Contents
- What Is ADT?
- Why Is Home Security Important?
- Why Is Smart Device Compatibility with ADT Important?
- ADT Smart Home Automation Devices
- How to Better Choose Compatible Smart Devices
- Other Smart Home Tips for ADT
ADT offers great smart home security solutions for families, including smart products such as locks, controllers and plugs. With ADT, you get compatibility with leading brands, allowing your security package to fit seamlessly into your home automation plans. Home security and home automation should work together, and ADT excels at this.
What Is ADT?
ADT is a brand synonymous with home security systems. You have likely seen the signs in yards or on windows everywhere you go, and there’s a reason for that. ADT has been voted the most trusted home security brand in the United States by American shoppers, according to Newsweek, and has developed this reputation by being an industry leader for a whopping 149 years – since 1874! Customers recognize and respect this dedication and innovation with home security, making ADT a leading choice for security for millions of homes.
As technology has advanced over the past century and a half, so too has ADT. Customers still receive a high-quality, professionally installed wired security system, but now there is an abundance of smart devices available to customize your home to essentially do whatever you want it to do. In other words, ADT nowadays provides much more than just a standard security system. ADT offers smart home automation devices that make your home and family safer, as well as providing convenience, state-of-the-art technology and personalization elements.
Why Is Home Security Important?
Before diving too deeply into ADT, let’s discuss exactly why home security is more important than ever. Thinking about home security as a strict line of defense against intruders or alarm for hazards is an antiquated perspective. Modern smart home security systems are a balance between typical security systems and home automation devices. These technologies work together to make your home more safe, convenient and personalized overall.
Home security and home automation not only provides protection for your family, with various smart alarms, sensors and monitors alerting you of any disturbances or hazardous conditions, but they also give your home a powerful foundation on which to easily grow. In other words, as smart device technology continues to develop, your home will be ready for all of it.
A top-of-the-line smart home security system, like from ADT, will be sure to include the latest and greatest technologies so your home will always be at the forefront of innovation.
Why Is Smart Device Compatibility with ADT Important?
An ADT Smart Home Security System, along with the ADT Command app, allows you access and control over all your smart devices in your home. This means that you can control doors, locks, lights, compatible thermostats, indoor and outdoor cameras, and obviously your security system, from anywhere. This total control allows for peace of mind, whether you are away on business, at work, asleep or just out of the house for a few hours.
ADT also has 9 company-owned, 24/7 operated monitoring centers located across the country, meaning your home is never far away from immediate assistance. Your smart devices immediately notify you of any possible trouble and then alert your closest monitoring center. Appropriate help is then dispatched as soon as possible to your location.
ADT Smart Home Automation Devices
ADT features many useful smart home devices that will work tremendously with your security system, turning it into a complete, smart home security system.
Some of these devices include:
ADT Smoke Detector
- Sensors can detect fires early with rate-of-rise detection
- Minimize cooking false alarms with enhanced fault detection
- Protect your home and family with 24/7 monitored fire protection
ADT Smart Locks
- Never get locked out again with keyless entry
- When your smart lock status is changed, get live alerts
- Unlock and lock your doors from anywhere with ADT mobile app access
ADT Garage Controller
- ADT Garage Door Security offers wide compatibility with most major garage door brands
- Open and close your garage door with remote control
- If you accidentally leave your door open, you'll get instant alerts
ADT Smart Plugs
- Plug it into any outlet and connect it to your lamp or appliance for easy setup
- Use the ADT app as a light dimmer
- Use the ADT app as a remote control to turn on and off appliances
How to Better Choose Compatible Smart Devices for ADT
ADT Smart Home Security is compatible with Amazon Echo (Echo, Echo Dot, Echo Show, Echo Plus, Echo Input) devices and Google Assistant-enabled devices. This means that you can set up your smart devices to take voice commands with Alexa and Google Assistant, making your home that much more convenient.
ADT smart cameras can also be paired with Alexa commands, meaning you can access your security system and video feeds with just your voice.
Samsung devices also connect seamlessly to ADT smart home automation products.
What Is IFTTT?
It is extremely helpful to look into IFTTT, which is a protocol that allows smart devices to communicate easily. It stands for, “If This Then That,” and it creates an easy way to manage all your devices in one place, whether it be your Google Home or Alexa apps. When setting up your own devices, learning about this integration can help you retain complete control over your entire system.
How Do Smart Devices Communicate?
Smart devices typically connect with your home’s Wi-Fi network to be connected to the internet. To communicate with each other, smart devices use Z-Wave, a signal transmission technology that has been developed specifically to allow small appliances, lights and sensors to communicate wirelessly. Z-Wave technology creates a mesh network that allows your home’s smart devices to stay connected to each other. When your smart devices use the latest Wi-Fi technologies and are Z-Wave compliant, your home automation is bolstered and is also ready for any future innovations.
What If I’m Unsure About Smart Device Compatibility?
If you are unsure about device compatibility, or don’t want to deal with setting everything up by yourself, it is a smart idea to opt for a fully professionally-installed system from ADT. ADT can create a customized smart home solution with compatible devices that gives you exactly what you are looking for.
Smart Home Tips, Helpful Hints and Promotions for ADT
Here are some quick tips and things to know on how to make the most of your ADT home automation and security system setup:
- ADT quite literally invented home security, meaning that if you want a reliable, trustworthy home security solution, they are the best of the best
- You may want to opt for a full, professional smart home security installation from ADT if you are unsure about DIY smart device technology
- ADT home security is compatible with Google Assistant, Kwikset, Z-Wave, Amazon Alexa, Samsung devices and more
- ADT's base Secure Home package includes intrusion detection, fire, carbon monoxide and flood monitoring, a touchscreen control panel and voice control
- To get video cameras included with ADT, you will need the Video and Smart home package
- For new customers, get a Google Nest doorbell1 and ADT Outdoor Camera installed for free*
- ADT offers a 6-month money-back guarantee
- ADT requires a 36-mo. contract, so be aware of that before signing up
- Call National Broadband today to speak with a home security expert who can answer your questions about ADT products
Frequently asked questions
How much is ADT security per month?
ADT packages start at $28.99, but it is a good idea to speak with an ADT agent to get a better idea of what exactly your home needs. Call National Broadband today and we can set that up for you.
What smart devices does ADT offer?
ADT offers many different smart devices to make your security system and home more intelligent. These devices include sensors, locks, plugs, cameras and more that use Z-Wave technology.
What is Z-Wave?
Z-Wave is a smart device communication technology that lets your small appliances communicate wirelessly. It is critical in home automation and has been in constant development since the late 20th century.
Does ADT monitor your home 24/7?
Yes, your home is monitored 24/7, 365 days a year when you choose professional monitoring with ADT.
Where can I learn more about ADT and smart home security?
Call National Broadband today to speak with a home security expert and receive a free consultation on the best security options for your home.