YouTube TV is one of the most popular live TV streaming services around, offering over 100 channels for $64.99 per month. Find out if this service is worth it for you.
Do More With AT&T's Smart Home Manager App
Want to easily manage all of your AT&T devices on your network in one place? You can with the AT&T Smart Home Manager app. It is available to all AT&T customers in the App Store and on Google Play.
Table of Contents
- Benefits and Features of AT&T Smart Home Manager
- How to Use AT&T Smart Home Manager to Check Wi-Fi
- AT&T Smart Home Manager Parental Controls
- Best Features of AT&T Smart Home Manager
- Where To Find AT&T Smart Home Manager App
- Does AT&T Smart Home Manager Have Support?
This free tool makes managing your AT&T home internet easy. It provides a personalized method of controlling your home network from your smartphone, tablet or computer. You will be able to manage your account in addition to other detailed information about your internet like you never have before with this convenient app. Have total control right beneath your fingertips with the AT&T Smart Home Manager app.
AT&T Smart Home Manager Benefits and Features
With the AT&T Smart Home Manager app, you can do all of these things anywhere, anytime:
- Parental controls to manage user access & screen time
- Track each device's data usage
- Awesome features like 24/7 virtual assistant
- Invite guests
- See your internet service status
- Find weak Wi-Fi spots in your home
- Utilize speed tests to check your network performance
- Get recommendations for changes you can make to optimize your home network
Use AT&T Smart Home Manager to Check Your Home Network Wi-Fi
Anytime you want to personalize your home network, simply click on the “My Wi-Fi” tab in the upper left-hand corner of the app and you can personalize specific settings of your network such as your network name and password. You can easily share this with friends and family by clicking “Share”. You can even create a Guest Wi-Fi for visitors to your home.
To check your home network Wi-Fi coverage using the app:
- Go under the “For You” tab and find the “Easily Find Weak Wi-Fi in Your Home” card
- Select “Get Started.”
- Follow the prompted instructions.
For any concerns regarding your network performance, click on “Network” on the bottom of the app on the middle tab. This is where you can go for all troubleshooting issues like checking your internet speeds and viewing your home network hardware which may be beneficial when adding Wi-Fi extenders to your home. From the “Network” tab, you can also manage your connected devices and view the signal strength and data usage for each. You can even pause or block internet access or get technical details about devices by individually clicking them. Click “Restart Network” to reboot your gateway as needed.
In the “Settings” tab, gain access to features like touch ID and notifications. Find your account details, current service plan, and data usage in the “Account” tab. Check the legal section for all agreements.
AT&T Smart Home Manager Parental Controls
You can utilize advanced parental control features on the following Wi-Fi gateway models: BGW210 or BGW320. With AT&T’s parental control features, you can set limits on each user’s access and screen time, monitor bandwidth, streamline schedules for home tasks and even track data usage. When there’s multiple users in the home, it’s beneficial to create profiles for each one and assign that user’s devices to them. That way, you can disable internet access or set time limits to users or devices as you wish.
To create a profile within the Smart Home Manager, simply go to “Network,” then “Connected Devices,” then “Profiles” and choose the “+” sign. Enter a name for the profile and choose which devices you wish to add to that profile and “Save” your changes.
To set a time limit for a user:
- From “Profiles,” choose which profile you wish to edit.
- Turn on “Downtime Schedule.”
- On the calendar, select which days you wish to schedule the downtime and for which of the profile’s devices.
- In addition, choose which times you wish to schedule downtime using the clock.
- Save your changes.
Where To Find AT&T Smart Home Manager App
Here are the three ways you can access the AT&T Smart Home Manager App:
- Download it from the Apple App Store or Google Play store
- Go to att.com/smarthomemanager and sign in with your AT&T username and password
- Visit the Smart Home Manager website at myhomenetwork.att.com
AT&T Smart Home Manager Support
Having issues? Ask the 24/7 Virtual Assistant. If at any time, you have questions or concerns about anything, refer to the “Help” icon in the upper right hand corner of the app and chat with the virtual assistant, available 24/7. This is a quick and easy way to get answers fast on any of your questions regarding your AT&T internet service and home network.
Frequently asked questions
Does my gateway support the AT&T Smart Home Manager?
The compatible Wi-Fi gateways are: Arris NVG599, BGW210, BGW320, Motorola NVG589, Pace 5031NV, Pace 5168, Pace 5268AC, 2Wire 3600HGV, 2Wire 3800HGV-B, 2Wire 3801HGV
How do I invite a guest to connect to my network?
You can text, email or message a guest your network information by clicking "My Wi-Fi" and then "Share Wi-Fi."
How do I reboot my gateway?
Select "Network" and then select "Restart Network."